Last Updated on July 17, 2021 by Journal Fact
Food has always been an important part of India, and Mumbai is definitely one of the best cities in the whole country to try out the best food ever. Mumbai has a rich culinary tradition, and the city is also a melting pot for cuisines from around the country and the world. Mumbai has everything from sophisticated restaurants to some mouth-watering street food that you must try. Given that there are multiple cuisines to be tried here, you will never run out of options for places to go when you book your flights to Mumbai. With so many options to check out, this list can help you out in shortlisting top restaurants in Mumbai that you want to visit the next time you book cheap flights to Mumbai.
- Wasabi by Morimoto: Want to enjoy a splendid meal and stunning views of the Gateway of India? If yes, then you need to head over to Wasabi by Morimoto as soon as you can. This spectacular restaurant has fiery red interiors and Instagram-worthy decor. Once you are done taking in the ambiance, you will realize that the restaurant also serves fantastic food. The ingredients used at this restaurant are flown in from Tokyo every week, and this guarantees the authenticity of the food they serve. Complete with an extensive selection of sake, the menu here has everything you need. They also serve vegetarian and gluten-free options for people who prefer it.
- The Clearing House: This addition to Mumbai’s food scene is a great addition. Located in a quieter area, this is the perfect place for you if you want to enjoy your meal in peace. The restaurant features two separate seating areas. There is a sunlit foyer that offers a great outside seating area and is the perfect spot for a Sunday brunch with your friends. The inside of the restaurant is just as great, and it is perfect to enjoy a great dinner. Apart from the perfect ambiance, this restaurant servers delicious Western food with hints of Eastern flavors. The combinations they serve are brilliant when it comes to whet your palette.
- Britannia & Co: Britannia & Co. is not just a restaurant, but a symbol of Mumbai. Opened by Zoroastrians from Iran who came to the city a long time ago, this restaurant has been serving the finest Parsi cuisine for the longest time. The vintage feels of this place are unbeatable, and the flavors they bring to the table will surely impress you. This eatery is located in the Ballard Estate and should be on your itinerary for both food and historical reasons. This restaurant is doing a fine job at preserving the Parsi cuisine which has been fading away in the last couple of years.
- Bastian: As Mumbai is a coastal city it would be a shame to leave the city without trying out the excellent seafood you can find here. Bastian is one of the most popular restaurants in the city and a favorite among Bollywood stars. This restaurant serves some of the most amazing seafood, and it also has great interiors. Spread over two floors, this restaurant has a nautical theme, and it is a great place to click pictures as well. A fun fact about the restaurant is that it was named after Sebastian, who is the crab from Disney’s Little Mermaid. Some of the best dishes that you must try when you visit include black-pepper crab, butter-poached lobster, and carpaccio.
- The Bombay Canteen: While all the other restaurants on this list either offer Western food or other cuisines, this is one of the few restaurants in the city that is solely focused on bringing regional flavors to the plate. If you are looking to taste the best of Indian cuisine, then this is the perfect spot for you. This restaurant is housed in an old bungalow and that lends this place an old-world charm that is sure to impress you. This spot is also great if you want to hang out with your family and friends while having some of the tastiest Indian food in the whole city.
- O Pedro: Want to enjoy the flavors of Goa without actually going to Goa? O Pedro is a great place in Mumbai that offers you a Goan ambiance and authentic Goan flavors. The Portuguese-inspired dishes at this restaurant are a treat for your taste buds. The food here is just as genuine as the interiors. They also have an extensive menu of cocktails that you can try out. Power, which is a house-baked sourdough, is one of the most delicious dishes on the menu, and paired with one of the signature cocktails, it is sure to blow your mind. Coming to this restaurant will give you serious holiday feels. Hanging out with your family or friends at this place is a great idea when you want to relax and enjoy after a hectic week.
- Hakkasan: Hakkasan is a popular restaurant in Mumbai for those who enjoy dim sums. Bringing authentic Chinese flavors to the table, Hakkasan specializes in serving excellent dim sums. The selection of dim sums here is sure to blow your mind. From grilled Shanghai and edamame dumplings to chicken shumai dumplings, this restaurant has a great variety of flavors on offer. If you are too confused to choose, then the five-course meal option they have is also a great idea. You can choose to wash down your dumplings with one of the tea options or some other drink. The restaurant also has nice desserts to complete your meal.
These cafes and restaurants in Mumbai have an amazing ambiance and delectable food. These places offer a variety of cuisines to try, and their experimental take on traditional dishes will surely blow your mind. It is about time that you stopped asking why I should book my tickets to India and started preparing for a trip that will allow you to go on a food trip around the biggest metropolis in India.